The most common energy source on electric trucks.
- The battery consists of cells connected in series.
- Each cell generates approx. 2 V
- 12 cells = 24 V
- 18 cells = 36 V
- Charging can take up to 10-12 h
Explosive detonating gas and corrosive sulphuric acid are formed in charging.
Naked flame or sparks must not occur!
Battery fluid (elektrolyte)
- Acid specific gravity normally 1.14 – 1.28 g/ml (up to 1.31)
Acid specific gravity meter (hydrometer)
- Use necessary protective equipment.
- The battery must be clean and dry.
- Check that the battery is fully charged, remember the battery log.
- Charge the battery after use.
- The fluid lost from the battery must be replaced. Use distilled water, NEVER ACID!
- Ventilation is important.